William - Ft. Worth, Texas

I believe in miracles. My mom was diagonosed with breast cancer, had a 30 percent chance of living, and is still here. She had a level three size tumor in her left breast, but she went through hell to get it out. I believe that Chemo-Therapy and Radiation is one of the worst things that anybody could ever endure; but my mom did it. I believe that everyone should have a role model. Mine is my mom. She never complained once throughout the entire process and she told me that if she were to be diagnosed again, that she would go throug it all again in a heartbeat. I believe in courage. My mom did not have to go everyday to Chemo and sit in a chair while poison was being infused into her bloodstream, or go everyday to Radiation while a nuclear war was being set off in her body. I believe that what does not kill you makes you stronger. Right now, my mom is one of the strongest persons on this earth. I believe in fighting. I think that not just anyone can step up to the plate to endure hell. It takes a special person to do that, and an even more special one to come out on top. My mom did both. I believe in God. God does not give some people cancer and help others win the lottery. God does not work like that. My mom survived, and that is why I believe in God. This is why I believe in miracles. When my mom told me she had breast cancer, all I could do was think about how living without a mother would be. I then began to think how terrible my life was going to become. Why was I thinking like this? The miracle is that my mom did not die, and my life is not terrible. She went through it all and my family and my mom are better for it. It shows how much a family can come together when a loved one is in trouble. I believe that family is the most important thing in the world, because without family the world would be a very lonely place. I know that my world without my mom would be as lonely as it gets. I believe in miracles because without them, my mom would not be here and things that should never happen would never happen. This I believe.