Arielle - Colleyville, Texas

I believe in running. I believe in feet pounding against pavement, no matter what time of day or year. I believe in the smell of the heated track. I believe in early morning meets. I believe in the feel of your feet in brand new spikes, the lightness of them. I believe in the “jello” feeling your legs get after sprinting for so long you can’t take it anymore. I believe in getting up into the blocks with the crowd cheering, yet the entire world is silent. I believe in pushing your body past its limits. I believe in personal records; I believe in world records.

Ever since I can remember, I’ve loved moving fast; just running. I’ve never been able to go for miles on end sprinting, but I can run forever, just me and my iPod. Running helps me clear my head and have time to think about everything. Sometimes when I start to feel really overwhelmed with my life, I just put on my headphones and shoes and go outside and run. I don’t only run to clear my head, but I also compete in hurdles and relays for my school. Last year, as a freshman, I made it all the way to state in 300 hurdles and received fifth. It was one of the best feelings, knowing I had accomplished so much with my passion in life. Stepping into the blocks every race, and waiting for the gun is what I live for. After it goes off, everything is silent, no matter how many people are screaming in the stands. When I’m out there running, it’s just me and the track. No one else is there. I can just focus on the hurdles and know that I’m doing what I love. It’s always so refreshing to know that I go out there and give it my all every race, even if I’m only competing against a few other people.

Overall, running is one of the best things in the world to me, and I truly believe that it can help others, just like it helps me. It’s my passion; it’s what I live for. Without it, I really don’t think that I would be the person I am today. I honestly believe that anyone, no matter what age or body type should go outside, and run, not even competitively, just to relax and take time for yourself. Whenever life gets too crazy, and it feels like you’re being left behind, just get out there, and run.