Monica - Arlington, Texas

I believe in the power of friendship because without friends the world would be a very lonely place. Who would you talk to about that cute guy who sits next to you in English or how mad you are with your parents for grounding you on Friday night? Who would you trust with all of your secrets that you’ve never told to anyone? And who would laugh with you when watching funny movies or cry with you when you have had a bad day. The answer is: only your best friend. I remember not too long ago when I was extremely stressed and had had a horrible day. I was walking out of school and about to get in my car to go home when my best friend called. I still remember her voice as she told me that we were going to go get smoothies and hang out. Just us. Momo and roo time, as we called ourselves. I remember how she listened to all my problems and made me feel better through laughter. In fact, she turned my bad day into a really great day that I will always remember. Another one of my friends greatly helped me overcome a very hard time in my life through laughter. Last Christmas break my Mom got into a skiing accident and I was forced to stay at home and take of her. All of a sudden I had so many responsibilities like making dinner, taking care of my brothers, doing the laundry, and much, much more. I was becoming anxious, unhappy, and restless. One day my friend Cara came over and made my family and I a delicious dinner. She also helped me clean and finish household chores. Cara’s simple act of friendship greatly affected me and my family. It cheered me up and let me know that someone cared about what I was going through. Without Cara’s generosity I would have had a much harder time coping with the situation I was in. Friendship lets someone know that you care and are there for them no matter what. I mean doesn’t it feel good when an old fried calls to talk and see how you are doing? Or how about when a friend calls to go see a movie? It makes you feel great because someone wants to spend time with you. That is why I strobgly believe in the power of friendship.