Anh - Fort Worth, Texas

I believe in the power of music. Personally through music, I relax, I contemplate, I live. Music gives the power to your mind, pushing it to what you can do and giving you the inspiration to do it. The root of all my solutions stems from music, which is my inspiration. Music is a way to express yourself through lyrics and notes itself, expressing anger, sadness, happiness, or betrayal. It opens a door which allows everyone to be themselves. It is not limited to one view for music is expressed through many things, through clashes, through rips, through strings, through keys, it does not matter as to how it is expressed, it matter on how the listener feels about it.

From my personal experience, music plays a huge part in my life. It’s my shelter and my refuge for when I fall or lose myself. Recalling an experience that happened recently in my life, one of my friends was in the hospital. My best friend had called me, but I did not pick up, instead I was driving to her house. Distressed and worried, I hurried to her house, not knowing what she was going to tell me. We both had noticed that one of our friends had not been in school for the past few days and that she would try and find out where she was. She called me and did not leave a message when I did not pick up. I got to her house and went inside. She was on the couch, crying. I already knew something was wrong. It was then that she told me that our friend was in the hospital. I burst into tears, falling to the ground while she stayed on the couch. We stayed like that, me on the ground, her on the couch, crying for a friend who was in the hospital, someone that we just could not help. I do not remember when, but we were crying for a while when I heard something. I shut up for a little bit and heard her brother playing the violin. We both quieted down and just listened to the violin playing, our tears subsiding, and reality setting in. The violin helped us become aware of what was happening, what had happened, and what we could do.

Music is everything in my life. It helps me through my rough times and calms me in my times of anger. Music is anything and can be everything. It does not matter on who makes the music, on who hates the music, it matters on the listener who listens to the music, because just listening could save your life, could save someone else’s, and could change anyone’s life. This I believe, I believe that music and change everything as well as help everyone.