Allison - Arlington, Texas

I believe in a good nights sleep. It was the night before our research paper was due and all I could think about was how I was going to come up with 5 pages of English about a book who’s author i didn’t even know. I sat down at my computer desk, thinking so hard about what seemed like everything other than English. What was stressing me out the most was, knowing that i was going to have to wake up at 5 a.m. for soccer practice that would consist mostly of fitness, after that would come a full day of school, and then practice again until 6 p.m. I finally got some sort of push to start writting. The only problem was that i was writting about something that made no sense what so ever. Every 10 minuets i kept checking the clock and getting side tracked on how I could be peacefully sleeping, and refueling for the long day i had ahead of me. Somehow I managed to come up with 5 pages of something for my paper. Do you know that feeling when you get finished with something that you dont enjoy doing, and you just feel so relieved? Well that’s not what i was feeling at all. I looked at the clock and couldnt believe it was 2:30 in the morning. That meant I was going to have time to maybe get a quick nap in. When my alarm went off at 5 a.m. I just thought to myself that what was ahead of me was some kind of joke. I felt miserable. At practice I was completely useless. I had no energy what so ever. On top of everything my coach was constantly yelling. When school started all of my teachers asked me if i was okay because I looked so worn out and gross. As if the day couldnt possibly get any worse, I found out I had a pre-cal test the next period. As I was taking the test, I realized i had forgoten everything. When school finally got out the only thing that was running through my mind was how bad I wanted to go home and pass out. But I had another practice unitl 6. It was miserable, non-stop jogging and sprinting. After practice was over I couldt tell you how I drove myself home, I was completely delirious of everything. As soon as I walked in the door I thought to myself, thank god i’m home. Never again will I do such a ridiculoud thing. This is why I believe in a good night sleep.