Peyton - Keller, Texas
Themes: hope

I believe in hope. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had. Hope is looking forward to the future with desire and confidence. Changing our lives, and aspiring toward a more just and unified world, is a part of hope for a better tommorrow. All the problems we see in this world would seem imossible and overwhelming if it was not for the hope of a better tommorrow.

Whenever school seems pointless and daunting, it is important to look to the future and hope that all the work, time, and effort put into studies will amount to a life of opprotunities. Hope is what gives us goals, ambitions, and a purpose. With out ambitions, we would all just be wandering through life aimlessly, living day to day.

I believe hope is the one thing that truely unites individuals together for a cause. Thousands of people would not have marched with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Washington D.C. if they did not believe that their efforts would change the future. As humans, we are always looking for improvements and advances in medicine, government, and spirituality. Looking forward to tommorrow being a better, brighter day is what keeps people going in the most desperate situations. I believe that people survived The Great Depression because they had hope that maybe tommorrow things would be better, and if not tommorrow, maybe the next day. Hope is what drives people to do better, to make and effort, to try and improve. Hope is endurance, longing, and optimism. It is all the good qualities we wish to obtain in a single word.

“Now the God of hope will fill you with joy and peace in believing that you may abound to prosperity.” Romans 15:13.