Cathy - Fort Worth, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in a sense of adventure, freedom, carelessness, laughter, and the true meaning of being young at heart. I wish teens weren’t in such a hurry to grow up, and would slow down and really look at the world around them. You have your whole life to be an adult; to pay bills, drink, own a car, have relationships, and do whatever you want, whenever you want. At big family get togethers, all the kids would always play around the house, and we’d have our own little “kids table” at Thanksgiving, so the adults woudln’t have to deal with us. Now, when Thanksgiving comes around, instead of running around the house chasing each other, I have to help with the food, set the table, and talk to adults about how school is going and all that boring stuff. I then find myself missing being a reckless kid. When you look back at your childhood, you want to remember all the blissful memories, such as building forts during sleepovers, climbing trees, and playing outside all day during summer, even when the mosquitoes come out, and just enjoying all the simple things in life. You don’t want to remember sitting inside watching a movie, or sitting at the computer for hours on end. Fun to me isn’t about oging out to eat with your friends at the same restaurant every week, gossiping about the same people who do the same things, it’s about really realizing that we’ll all be going in different directions in a few years, and we should spend our times doing things we’d really loook back at and smile about. So go prank call someone, tee pee a house, have late night conversations, watch a sunrise, fly a kite, have a pinic, whatever, just relax and have an adventure.