Courtney - Healdsburg, California

Summer (The Way To Happiness)

Many people find summer to be their favorite time of the year, as do I. What’s not to love about summer? I think that summer is the best season out of the year. It is the perfect time, especially here in California. The sunlight, and blue skies, makes you want to spend all day in the outdoors. One of my favorite summer activities over vacation is driving down the coast to Santa Cruz with my family. It is nice to relax on the beach, soaking up the sun, and listening to the waves crash against the shore. We go to the same Twin Lakes Beach every time we go to Santa Cruz. My brother Connor and I swim in the ocean for countless hours, though it can be a little chilly even with our wet suits. My brother and I don’t usually get along that well, but summer brings us together and we become the best of friends. Two summers ago when we went to Santa Cruz we brought back a new addition to our family, our dog Leo. He is rambunctious, but when you see him wag his tale, you can’t help smiling.

With each summer vacation and trip to Santa Cruz, I learn something new about myself, and my Family. I take something away from the time spent with them. It makes me realize what a lucky person I am to have people in my life that love me.

It is a breath of fresh air to get away from life in Healdsburg for a while, and go somewhere else. I think that the warm weather of summer puts people in a more calming mood, and makes most people a bit less stressed. As much as I enjoy going to school it is nice to take a break now and then, and summer is the right time of the year for that. Without summer vacation life would be miserable. I believe that with summer comes happiness.