Melanie - Keller, Texas

I believe in being unique. I believe in having a personality that is my own. In the school halls I see a lot of people owning the same kinds of purses, backpackss, cell phones, and sometimes jewelry. I don’t want to pass someone and have them say, “Look! You have the same purse as I do!” I don’t like to look like other people especially since we have to wear uniforms at school. I like to look different, but what is weird about me is that I don’t like to draw attention to myself. I don’t like being in the spotlight, but I don’t want to blend in either.

I see a lot of people these days acting like someone who they are not. People want attention so they may change their personality and become a total stranger to themselves. If someone wants to get the attention of someone else they may lie and tell the person that they like something the other likes. But in reality the person trying to attract attention does not like whatever the other person likes. People change the way they look, act, and feel in order to be accepted by others. But I believe it is important to accept myself. If I want to be accepted by others I first need to be accepted by myself. I do not need to tamper with my looks or personality so that people can like me. I believe in being a unique person, and a unique person I am.