Alexandria - Colleyville, Texas
Themes: forgiveness

I have made many mistakes throughout my life. Luckily, I have been forgiven for most of them and have been able to redeem myself. I make up for my wrongs by doing better in the future and showing I have learned from my mistakes. I try and allow people the same opportunities and chances that I have been offered, because all people deserve the opportunity to redeem themselves. I believe in second chances. Society today judges people too quickly. The way a person dresses or arranges their hair can cause a look of disgust or a cruel snicker. First appearances are very critical and determine the success of relationships. But why can’t the second appearance be just as good or the third forth or fifth? I believe in forgiveness. Everyone makes mistakes; therefore all people should forgive each other. Would any of us have friends at all if we weren’t ever forgiven? Would our parents or family member trust us if they never forgave us or gave us a second chance to make things right? Do we forgive ourselves enough? Most Americans say they have role models to look up to and follow their examples rigorously. Do these role models show strong character by forgiving others and letting themselves be forgiven? Do they display patience and view people for who they are, not what they’re wearing? If they do, then we should learn by their example and give back to society by displaying the same character.

Think of how many people are on death row, they are not given the opportunity to make things right. What about the people who are innocent? Most of the time they aren’t given the opportunity to prove their innocence. We need to embrace second chances and not take them for granted. When people wrong each other, they should make up for it by whatever means possible. However, they can only do so if they are granted a second chance. Granting second chances and forgiveness takes humility, a virtue we should all practice. Therefore, all people of all kinds deserve second chances and to be forgiven, this I believe.