Kassidy - Healdsburg, California

Everybody needs a vacation sometime. I have been to ten countries and twenty states, but traveling is not the only way to take a vacation. Traveling may bring you to a new place with a new atmosphere, but escapes like these are needed more often than every now and then. I believe the best way for me to avoid stress, illness, and over activity is to take a break from my life.

My body is not physically capable of working for hours. When I am awake for too long or hyper for multiple hours, I will inevitably become sick. I catch the everyday cold every time I overburden my physical abilities. But, in order to avoid this, I have some alone time between active sections. I read or eat or sleep to give my body time to regenerate. I need a retreat from every day activities in order to not become sore and weak. When I take a break from this schedule, I know I will be able to continue any event with full force. This, I believe, keeps me healthy and ready for more.

These vacations save me from too much anxiety and mental frustrations as well. Stress builds until it becomes overwhelming; vacations provide time to handle what is stressful by planning how it will be solved. I choose to sit alone or with a close friend when I am in a stressful situation and figure out the best way to solve it. An escape from people can also permit me to avoid conflicts. The more time I spend with people, the more little habits bother me about each. When I excuse myself from the individuals, I have time away from their actions. These vacations allow me to realize that the woman playing with her hair and boy biting his nails are not worth the fret. This, I believe, clears my mind enough to handle the next set of distractions.

Traveling to new places can wield new discoveries and staying active is always fun. Self-provided vacations are needed, however, to slow down momentarily. They are holidays in every day life that can cure anyone who aches or needs rejuvenation in the body or mind.