Brianna - Healdsburg, California

When I was given this essay assignment, I thought, “oh this would be easy.” But I was very wrong. When I sat down at the computer, I had total writers block. As I sat there, my sister came in the room and asked what I was doing. I explained the essay to her. She laughed at me and left the room. About ten minutes later my mom walked in and asked the same thing. I also explained it to her. She told me to work hard, then left. All I thought to myself was if,“ I could ever get any privacy around here? I’ll never finish my essay at this rate.” I don’t how or why but I came up with this topic.

As I think about it, I remember how lucky I am to have my mom, dad, and sister. Most of the time I look at them and just think they are a pain. What would I do without them? This is one question I don’t want to answer. I think of times where I would be no where without them. Family helps you get through the hard times and helps you enjoy the good times. Family is always there for you. They are the ones who will support you in anything. They also love you unconditionally, even when they are totally mad at you. Our family influences the person you will be.

My mom has been, is, and will be there for me. She has always been the first person to notice if my day has not been going quite right or if it was really good. She is always there to sit and listen and to give advice. My mom is one of those people who you can tell anything to and they won’t say anything to anyone. In other words she is someone you can really trust.

My dad is totally different. He is the first one to crack the joke, the first one to start goofing around, he is the one to get all the little kids hyper before they have to go to bed. My sister happens to take after him. She is one to crack a lot of the jokes at family dinners. My dad and sister can both be very annoying but they also make me laugh and they brighten up my day. If I didn’t have anyone of them I just don’t know what I would do or where I would be. I believe family is the most important part of life, they make you, you!