Adam - West Rutland, Vermont
Themes: Christianity

What I Believe

Formed when I was a child, my belief and my faith in the Lord still stands strong. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. I remember a time in my life when I was so young and I held that beautifully strong faith of a child; I believed that all of my prayers would come true. And, I still hold strong to that simple faith of a child. I do not “train” myself or “fool” myself into believing, I simply feed my spirit with all of the everyday miracles that can be overlooked. I feed my spirit with scripture. I live my life loving others, no matter what I have been through with them. I believe it is part of my job here, on earth, to love people and portray that Godly love that is within me. I treat others the way I would like them to treat me; honestly, carefully, gently and lovingly.

There is no one way of saying, “I love you.” Actions tend to speak louder than words. A simple hug can say, “I love you.” Lending a shoulder for one to cry on can say, “I love you.” Simply listening and reassuring someone that you’re listening can say, “I love you.” There is one thing about me that many may not believe; I love everyone. I love that black, 18 year old young man who works at the grocery store as a cashier, so that he can save up money enough to go to college after he graduates. I love that woman who works hard to support her family, but seldom receives acknowledgement for it. I love that bum that’s sitting near the bar, asking for money, or even acknowledgement. I love that man who sits on death row for the murder of another man who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I love everyone. What’s simple is true; I love you. Not only have I chosen to love, but I have learned to love.

I have learned to love. I have learned to give and expect nothing in return. I have learned that life may not be fair, but God promises to get me through it. I have learned to literally stop and smell the flowers. I have learned to not take advantage of the beautiful sunrises and sunsets that God has made for our pleasure, but to watch until they are gone. I have learned to truly enjoy the beauty of nature instead of passing it by. I have learned that the Lord holds true to His promises. I have learned that God has given me the dreams that I dream and He expects me to follow them; He will make them come to pass. I have learned that my dreams will come true.

My faith, my being, my soul, my love, and what I have learned are all part of my belief in God.

Just believe…