Caitlin - Bismarck, North Dakota
Themes: community

I believe life is an act, a play, a drama. The audience my peers. The actors and actresses my family and close friends. The stage crew the people I do not see, but must trust. The script my life.

I stood on stage and looked around me. It was then I noticed how much my life was like this play. It was not that the production was my life, but what went into it rather. The audience stared back at me. They were judging me, every move, every line, and every mistake I made. They were all the people who saw me and knew my name, but did not truly know me.

I looked over to the other actresses and actors. I had to trust them. I had to trust they would correctly prompt me. I then realized they were like my family and friends. They knew me, and I knew them, unlike the audience. I knew who I could trust to correctly prompt me. I knew who would help me, like friends and family do for one another. Just as the other actresses and actors would prompt me on my next line, my friends and family would do things for me that encouraged me to go on and do something else.

I made sure all the props were in place on stage, earlier on I had made sure backstage they were also prepared. The stage crew made sure I would find everything easily. The stage crew was different from the audience, I had to trust the stage crew. But they were also different from the actors, I did not know them, and they did not know me. They were the people in my life I had to trust, but did not know. They were the people that I trust to make the products I bought correctly.

I was feeling confident on stage, I had studied from my script and soon would recite it. Is it possible that life is like a script? That is it the script you can not review, but is already written out? It is like destiny, something is supposed to happen, but you do not know what, it would be like the first time reading through a script. Only now I knew what would happen.

So with that, the thing I believe is life is like a play. With all the people in it resembling the people in my own life. The script was like destiny, it held everything that would happen.