Be grateful for everything around you

Dillon - USA

Have you ever taken advantage of something you should be grateful for? My dad always told me to be grateful for the way we live. And this belief has developed all throughout my life and helped me be more appreciative of everything. I have taken advantage of some things but recently I’ve been learning to appreciate things better.

It all started when my grandma died when I was eleven years old. It didn’t really hit me until her funeral. I never really spent a lot of time with her, and I think that’s why it hurt so bad. I didn’t really get to choose when I would spend time with her, and I didn’t really know that she was going to die. It changed my world completely. I was too young to understand the concept of why people died. I couldn’t understand why she was taken from me.

Then I started to think about my brother that died before I was even a year old. I couldn’t grasp the concept that these people were gone and why. I never got to know what it was like to have an older brother. I then started to realize that this is what happens and it’s part of life. After that I learned to appreciate what life gave. I was grateful for who I had around me and I was very welcoming to newcomers in my life. Sometimes, that wasn’t the best choice, but I always had my true friends there to help me back on my feet. I’m very appreciative to have such good people in my life such as my friends and wonderful parents. They are always there for me when I need someone.

My parents are very supportive of my music, which is very important to me. Even though they don’t make it to every concert or every show, they still give me the supplies I need to succeed and bring out the most in my talent. Music is my life. I plan on doing it for the rest of my life. I’m also very grateful to have such supportive parents.

You should get the most out of life and appreciate what you have and how you life. Take nothing for granted, you’ll have a lot of regrets. You only get one chance so take what you can, learn from it, and make the best of it. Appreciate all things no matter what, you can overcome any obstacle.