Kyle - sapulpa, Oklahoma

Pride Is A Powerful Weapon.

When was the last time you stopped to think about how much pride you take in the work you do? How much pride do you have in your life? I think pride has a lot to do with will power. I believe this due to a few good words my mom told me and a TV show I watched.

One day I was doing my home work after school. It took me about five minutes to do what should have taken a good twenty. My mom confronted me about it. She asked me” do you take as much pride in your school work as you do in football games” then it hit me. I don’t try as hard as I can I do as little work as I can to pass the class. If I took as much pride in school as I do on the football field just think what I can achieve.

The one thing that brought me to believe “pride is a powerful weapon” was a TV show about a tragic incident that happened to a young man who ran track in high school. He went to the ocean with his family and a shark attacked him. He lost his leg in the struggle. With out a leg he could not run track anymore. But is pride and will power helped him learn how to run with a prosthetic leg. He went on to win many awards in high school track. Pride should be taken in what ever you do. I know its just an opinion. But its something I believe in.