Jackson - Logan, Utah
Themes: setbacks

I believe everyone makes mistakes and that it is important that we all learn from them.

I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, but the biggest mistake I have made so far is not paying attention in school and slacking off in school. My parents and elders always told me to do well in school and get a good education. I did the opposite.

Everyone makes mistakes, some regret those mistakes and some don’t regret them. I regret slacking off in school. Even though I have learned from this mistake, I still regret making it because I knew better. I just didn’t care. A mistake that I don’t regret is a mistake that I have learned from in a good way, a mistake that has helped me in some sort of way, a mistake that I have grown from and has helped me out since then.

Some mistakes are what I call “life-changing” mistakes, and that would be mistakes such as murder, robbery, and even abusing drugs for recreational purposes. Those are just a few of examples that I would call a “life-changing” mistake. There are also mistakes that I would call “world-changing” mistakes, and most of those mistakes are obvious mistakes such as: the Holocaust, 9/11, and Pearl Harbor. All of those “world-changing” are bad mistakes and bad things happened but yet we all learned from them and grew from them.

Some mistakes are small, some mistakes are big. Either way we learn from them. Even if you don’t think you have learned from a mistake, you have.

I have learned from my biggest mistake and I plan to move on from the mistake and help others from my experiences so they don’t make the same mistake. I believe that its important for everyone to learn from their mistakes and not look down upon them or regret them. What kind of mistake will you be making?