Drew - East Lansing, Michigan

I believe that in life, size is infinite. By this, I mean that something can be infinitely large, and at the same time something can be infinitely small. This curiosity has dug at me many times before. One distinct memory I have was watching Men in Black as a kid. At the very end of the movie, the camera zooms out, past our earth, past our solar system, past other solar systems, past our galaxy, past other galaxies, and finally past our universe, only to see giant creatures shooting marbles with our universe. I thought to myself, could this really be the case? If we can’t see past the edges, if there even are edges, to our universe, how do we know what, if anything lies beyond? I don’t think we will ever know the answer to this question, but I’m glad that it’s open to interpretation, and we can believe whatever we want to believe. This scene from Men in Black has led to a thought that I have wondered time and time again. What if something as simple as a speck of dirt under out fingernail consists of a universe, with galaxies, solar systems, planets, and tiny beings functioning as if they are the only things that matter in life? At the same time, what if our whole universe is only a speck of dirt under the finger nail of a giant being, which belongs to its own planet, galaxy, and universe? This giant being would have no idea of what lies beneath, and neither would we. I believe that size in life goes on and on and we will never know exactly how big or small something is. This I believe.