Zachary - Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Knowledge

Knowledge is a blessing and a curse, yes this is a cliché but that means it is true. There are statements like “Knowledge is power” and “Ignorance is bliss,” while both of these are true in their own way, they are also incorrect in other ways. Knowledge is only power if you know how to use it. Say someone knows everything there is to know about a style of fighting. However this person is 3 ft tall and is 7 yrs old. What can this child to do against a full grown man? Unless he has a big brother, probably nothing. So just because you know, it doesn’t mean you can do anything. Now “Ignorance is bliss,” being ignorant of say an incurable illness means that you don’t have to worry about what to do or what should be in your will, ect., ect. But in the end you will still die (?). So now that we have cleared up a few misconceptions let’s move on.

Knowledge is a blessing because it allows you to overcome all obstacles. I have been in many instances where my knowledge has saved me. Knowledge helps you understand all situations. And Knowledge shows us a way to perform every feat. However knowledge can be a curse when it comes to Religion, Death, and the unwholesome parts of the world. I have struggled with my religion because of a love for science and a need for concrete proof. I have had problems with death because the knowledge I had was not be what I wanted to hear. Most people have problems when they get a taste of the real world, usually young teenagers just leaving home.

“Knowledge is power” but only when you have all of the knowledge required to accomplish what you want. Humans are the only creatures that are not born with the Knowledge to create. Birds are born with the knowledge to create nests, as well as many other animal species. As humans we have the capacity to learn an infinite amount of knowledge. That in itself is a blessing and a curse.