Alexis - Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Themes: children

The Love of a Family

Having a loving and supporting family gives me strength and security. My family is one of a kind we are a split family with seven kids. Though they have so many it has shaped me and has made me who I am today.

As a child I have always thought that strength was measured by how much a person could lift or by pulling yourself up on the monkey bars at school. I have learned that strength comes from within the depths of your soul. I have learned that strength of a family holds you together in a difficult situation. I have learned that strength in a family pushes you to set and achieve your goals in life.

The security of knowing that your family is there continuously, whenever you have pain or doubt in your family, family is there to lift you up, comfort and protect you. The security that I am not alone in this big world, The security that if I am making bad choices my family is there to put me back on the right path. The security of knowing that I belong to someone and that I am loved unconditionally.

Shaping and molding a child is a delicate task, it takes knowledge, patience and dedication. It takes the knowledge of a family to raise a child in a structured and disciplined environment. It takes patience in shaping a child, you have to be consistent children tend to forget or fall it takes dedication from the family to stick through it.

It is through my life’s experience as a child to know the difference between a “Family and a Raising”. As I reflect back and think of my life with my mother and a new life with my family. I can decipher the difference, my family has stuck it out with me they have pushed me and challenged me with a great deal of love, patience, and understanding. It has taken a team of family members including myself. It has made me who I am today and who I will become in the future. I believe raising a child can be done by anyone, but it takes a loving family to encourage and enhance your life.