Melissa - Florida

I believe I am too young to know what I believe. I am sixteen years old and I find that hard to believe. I am immature at time, like when I do not get what I want. I am lazy, but still responsible. I have a job babysitting a three year old, and trust me it is not an easy job. I am a sophomore in high school and I am not the best student, but I still try hard. When I grow up I have no idea what I want to be. I know I want to make money, but then again who doesn’t?

People always say “life is short,” but living life is the longest thing you do. I cannot know what I believe when I am not even half way through my lifetime. I have not begun to experience the stress of high school. I am always hearing how your junior year is your hardest year and with that comes a lot of stress. Juniors have to worry about SAT’s and college letters. I think the SAT is the most important exam one takes in their high school years. The SAT exam is the most stressful event a student will go through, but that is still only the beginning of your life.

To believe is to experience. Not only do you have to experience high school, but you have to experience love and marriage. Being in love is one of the best experiences a person could go through. People learn a lot from being in love, but growing and getting older is how you learn the most. People say “the old are wise.” This statement is true because the older people get, the more they learn. As you are growing up you experience different events, such as death and disease. Many generations have seen history in the making; the type of history you learn about in school. When you have really been through a lot in life that is when you know what you believe.

So as I said before, I am too young to know what I believe. I am still growing, learning, and experiencing all the many events of my life. I am sixteen years old and I believe that time will lead me into knowing what I believe.