Lisa - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Themes: change

I Believe Your Never Too Old to Take a Risk

Oh my god! Mom nice tattoo. I believe you are never too old to take a risk. Some people thick because they are in their forties or fifties that they can’t do stuff like they were teenagers anymore. Well my mom proved them wrong. Last year on New Years Eve when she got her very first and last tattoo.

I had just got home from work. It was about eight a clock. My sister and her husband had just got there with their tattoo guns and ink. I asked what they were doing and they said they were giving mom a tattoo on her ankle. I was surprised mom had always forbid tattoos. What was she doing? She told me sis and John had convinced her to get one. I saw what she was getting the tattoo was a heart with two more hearts coming from the sides of the one, with J.L.T under in Beautiful Writing. Well john first drew the tattoo on a piece of cookie bake sheet. Then he put this clear, sticky cream on mom’s ankle then put the tattoo on mom’s ankle. Then she screamed out in pain. “It stinks!” John pulled the cookie sheet off and on my mom’s ankle was an out line of three hearts, and JLT. Dad took hold of mom’s right hand and, Sis took hold of her left. John dipped the gun in the ink then flipped the switch and the started to make a loud sound like a drill gun fixing to drill into the wood. John asked mom if she was ready and she said yes. So he continued to go to work. He touched the skin and mom covered her eyes up and started to cry. Then she started to make a loud whimper, then started to get louder, and louder. Then all of a sudden let out a yell. John paused for a second wiped off some of the blood and ink off the area. Then he started again just this time mom let go of sis’s hand and held for dear life to the arm of the chair. Then as john was on the last round of the heart she broke the arm of the chair clean off. John finished the tattoo and wiped it off. Then blew on it really softly, then acted like he was going to smack it, he actually smacked it my mom let out a yell so loud the world shook around us.

See you are never too old to take a chance. Just ask my mom. And who cares if you’re Forty or fifty its your life, so live it your way, so take a risk once and awhile.