Tucker - Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Doing the Right Thing

Have you ever procrastinated on doing an assignment till the last minute? Every time I have any homework or any chores to do, I wait until the very last minute to do it. I have no real reason why I do it other than the fact that I am usually just straight up lazy.

Recently, I have been assigned an essay to do and like always I waited until the very last minute to do it. My teacher gave us the prompt to the essay over a week ago. I would occasionally sit down and try to brainstorm for a set amount of time, until I would realize that I could not think of one single idea.

Take this essay for example. If I would have done the right thing and actually applied myself to do the homework I might have been done a week ago, and I would have spent my nights worry-free of any homework.

Here it is the day before and all I have is my introduction. I did not have much time to work on it but I would still have it done before it was due. I had to go to school and learn all about new events that happened over five hundred years ago. Then it was off to Spanish, it is like learning a new language in that class. I do not see how people do it.

By then my day was half way through when someone pulled me over to the side and told me that we had a baseball game at four o’clock. My panic-stricken mind caused my forehead to sweat so badly that my sweat alone could fill up an entire olympic-size swimming pool. I did not think I would have the time to finish my essay before it was due.

Thinking to myself, I thought that surely I could get a big start on it heading to our game. I was ready to write and I could not concentrate. There was such an enormous amount of excitement that I could hardly focus my attention on anything at any given moment. I just had to do my essay after the game. Finally, I had come up with a story to write and I was ready to turn it in for an excellent grade.