jessica - sapulpa, Oklahoma

My Ordained Destiny

Fate was working in my favor that night. If they had not found the bomb I would either be dead or still with my mom. Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes the results are good and sometimes they are bad. I was lucky, for me they were good. Things have happened in my life that has lead me to believe this. Have you ever had a time in your life that something happened to you that you knew would change your life forever? Well that’s what happened to me. When I was about five my mom was into drugs. At the time I didn’t know that they where bad or wrong. I just knew that they where a part of my daily life. One night when my mom was out and her friend was babysitting us the police showed up at our house and started searching it. They asked me if I could show them where my mom hid her drugs in the house. After I showed them they researched the house to see if there was anything that they had missed and they found something else. They immediately removed me and my younger sister from the house. Less than an house later my aunt showed up with open arms and footsie pajamas or as she says she came bearing gifts. She took us to our grandparents’ house where we have been ever since. About four years ago they adopted us and we wouldn’t have it any other way. I later found out that they thing they found was a bomb that someone had planted for my mom to get even. I have no idea who I’d be, how I’d have turned out, or how I would act if I had stayed with my mom. I do know that I would not be the person I am today and I would not have the opportunities I have today if it were not for my aunt and my grandparents’. I have them to thank for everything, with out them there is no telling where I would be today. This I believe.