Jacob - Tulsa, Oklahoma

Spending Time with Family

Do u spend enough time with your family? I think I do, but I could spend more with them. Because u never know how much time you will have with them.

I have a cousin that is just a little bit younger then me. Last year his mom, my aunt, past away. She was only fifty-eight and didn’t have any health problems. One day she had a heart attack and never recovered.

I can’t even imagine how he felt that night I don’t know what I would do if that happened to my mom. Knowing that he will never be able to tell her or show her anything again.

She he helped him do a lot of things. She went to all of his sporting events and always supported him. He will miss out on all the special occasions that his mom would have shared with him; holidays, winning games, graduation, marriage, and seeing her grandchildren. There will be no advice from her when he needs it, whether for good or bad.

My cousin has too be more responsible and grow up. He has to learn to cook, do laundry, and clean. He has to make sure he gets up on time so he isn’t late for school.

I wanted to try to help my cousin but I didn’t really know what to do. I just tried to be there for him during the funeral. I don’t get to see him as much anymore because of our busy schedules.

On a happier note I have a lot of good memories from their house. Every time I go up there I always go fishing with my cousin. I caught my first fish at their house. We ride four wheelers and dirt bikes all over the place. Whenever we would get back from fishing or where ever we went my aunt would always have hot food waiting for us. Every Christmas we would go to their house and every thanksgiving they would come to ours. We always had a good time. No one ever fought and there was always a lot of food. So think for a minute about how you would feel if u lost someone close to you. You would never get to see or talk to them again. Spending time with family is important because you don’t know how much time you have left with them.