Shelby - mounds, Oklahoma

12 March 2007

My Essay Dilemma

Everyday since I was told that I must write an essay for my English class on what I believe, I’ve thought to myself,”What do I believe in?” Do I believe in Family? Friends? Love? What do I believe in? Well I don’t know. Day-by-day I’ve walked around thinking and thinking until it felt as if my head would explode! It was like there was a war going on in my head, one side would say one thing and the other side would say another, and I was stuck in between. I tried to look deep inside hoping that I could find a meaning or a quote that I try to live by each and every day, but nothing. It was like my mind went totally blank.

So here I was with my essay due within the week and I still don’t have a topic! What was I to do? I normally never have problems writing essays actually I’m good at it, but not now this is the one essay that I’ve ever really had any problems with. So I went to my mom hoping that she could help me out, but no luck. Since my mom wasn’t any help I ran to the one person that I could talk to and that has always helped me in my time of need, my boyfriend Peter. But, he wasn’t a lot of help either. He told me that I’m the only one who could figure this out because it’s what I believe in not what other people believe in. So since I didn’t get any help from Peter or my mom I decided to just do it on my own without help!

So I sat down one day and thought about what I believe in, and I think I’ve figured it out, the one thing I believe in. I believe in life. Everyday I wake up and I thank god for letting me live another day. I’m very grateful to be alive. Life is something to precious to throw away. So cherish every moment you have and don’t regret a thing. You should live life to its fullest and that’s something I plan on doing. So I now know what I truly believe in, I Believe in Life