Kevin - Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Themes: love

Teenagers Can Know What Love Is

Many times I ask myself “How old does a person have to be to understand the love?” Someone might say why I ask myself this, it is because adults are always telling me I am to be in love. Well then I think to myself, some people say thirty-five is young, so do I have to be over forty just to be able to know the concept of love, or how it feels? I believe that a person under the age of twenty-five can truly know love.

I’m eight-teen year’s old but I met my girlfriend when I was fifteen, and we have been together ever sense. The reason that is special is because she lives one hundred and thirty miles away in Norman, Oklahoma. Tell me how it would be possible for us to stay together if we did not love each other and fully understand love. I often get asked “How do you know that she is not with someone ells?” I then reply because with love comes trust. That is when people normally say you are too young to be in love or even conceive the thought of love. After I say if I don’t know then why am I loyal to someone so far away. I could be with a girl at my school. How do I deal with the pain of not getting to see her for six months at a time?

Most people then just go I do not know. People have no idea what it is like not to see her, hug her, cuddle with her, or just hang out with her. Love is the only thing that could keep me from going crazy. I have cried so many times from being so lonely. I mean how old do you have to be. Right now I could make the choice to join the army and maybe lose my life, or become a fireman or police officer two more jobs that I could die. Those are decision I would make by myself. Still people say that I am too young to be in love. Adults should take this into consideration before they say some of the things they do.

Love is something so powerful it can not be contained by age, race, money, creed, or any boundary. As peoples we should not judge love or who a person loves. Love is what many people have said be “love is in the eye of the beholder.”