coty - Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Themes: parenthood

Brightening My Day

Many people believe in many different things. I believe in just one, my mother

She has always taught me to do right no matter what. She always told me to be positive in any circumstance good or bad. My mother is what I believe in. The reasons I believe in her is she has never once tried to steer me wrong or lied to hurt me. She helps me get through the day knowing that I get to see her at the end of school. While knowing that I know that my day will brighten up when I get home.

While I am with my mother alone I have such a good time with her. We joke and talk about things normal people just can’t talk about without giving or taking offense to. She has confidence in me no matter what I do or try. She understands what I go through being the oldest of four children. She always says that I will one day understand what she goes through being the single mother of the children. I have pride in my mother because she has been taking care of children alone for seventeen years and has asked for very little help. She disciplined 1 boy (me) and 3 girls all in the range of ages from 17 to 10.That takes skill and guts to go at it alone. She became pregnant with me when she was 19 years old only 1 and 1 half years older than my self. Honestly I would have been scared out of my mind being a parent at such a young age. But I am sure that if it hadn’t been for her I would not be here. She has got to be one of the strongest women mentally and physically to accomplish the things she has. I myself do not know many women who have done or currently doing that right now. The sad thing is our dads are hiding somewhere just because they don’t want to give us the help we need.

My mother is what I believe in and nothing can change that .Ever.