Andrew - Sapulpa, Oklahoma

What Talent’s Given Me

What is your talent? What are you skillful at? What is your hobby? What do you do on your free time? What you do on your free time, what you do for fun, and what your good at is called your talent. This could be any sport, such as football, basketball, hockey…etc…, or it could be musical, you could play an instrument, such as clarinet, guitar, drums, piano…etc…, or artistic, such as drawing, photography, painting, computer graphics…etc… Your talent could be anything; you have to discover it for yourself.

There are many things I love to do, that I’m good at, that I consider my talent. I’m an artist, I love to draw and doodle and do sketches of people and things. I also drum. Drumming is a passion of mine; almost everything I draw has to do with drums, or music. I’m a member of the drum line and am in percussion. Both talents take a lot of work and practice, and patience. These hobbies also make me a picky person, most people, I’ve found, when given a project in English, an essay or paper, don’t always put a lot of thought in what there going to write about, they just pick something and get it over with, but I can’t do that. I have to pick something I love, normally having to do with drums, to write a good paper.

Talents can also help make your friends. The people you hang out with probably relate to what you enjoy doing. Most of my friends play some sort of instrument, that’s how I met them, by being in a band with them. Being a musician obviously means I enjoy music, so even though not all my friends can play and instrument, most of them like the same music as me. Then there are my friends in the drum line, or just in band. I’ve known since the 6th grade, and grown closer to through out my years in band.

So talent has had a lot to do with my life. It’s given me most of the friends I have and a hobby I can use with my friends. Your talent has something to do with your everyday life, even if it’s doodling on your notebook, or writing a story for school. So don’t tell yourself you don’t have a talent, or a special skill. Because your talent makes up who you are.