Molly - Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Dancing

Dancing is a way to express your emotions in a way you can’t with words. I don’t know how to describe the way I feel when I’m dancing. It’s like I’m a different person in a different world. You can do that when you’re dancing. You can take all of your emotions from that day and throw them all away as you dance.

If you know me outside of the dance studio you might think I’m shy, unless you really know me, but on that stage I forget all about being shy. “Dance like nobody’s watching” is what I always say.

The good thing about dancing is there is such a variety. If you’re feeling depressed, there is lyrical, if you’re feeling happy, there is jazz. There are so many different styles of dance.

There is one particular time that dance changed my life forever. I was having a bad day. A lot of things were going on in my life. I needed to get away from everything. I decided to go up to the dance studio. When I arrived at the studio no one was there, so I had the studio all to myself. I turned on the music and began to dance. Never in my life would I have thought something as simple as dancing could relieve so much stress, anger, sadness, and pain. I never thought that dancing could make me feel the way I did that night. Ever since that one night at the dance studio I have never been the same.

If I ‘m feeling angry or upset with someone I don’t go and yell at them I simply dance and all my anger and pain simply goes away. I can’t describe to you how amazing dancing is. It is a true work of art. You just have to experience dancing in the way I have to understand why it is the one thing that I can say I truly believe in.