Callee - Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Themes: setbacks

Family Is Always There

It was the school year of 2005-2006. I thought it would be the best. I just started a new sport and it was my first year of high school. My friends and I were so excited. A whole new year, new boys and new girls. We were of course more interested in the new boys, but there was this certain group of boys that caught my eye.

They were part of the wrestling team the football team and more. They were the jocks of the school. I wanted to hang out with them so bad. So I talked to some people and some people talked to them, and I was in. These guys were so awesome and cool, until that one day in my history class one of them came on to me so strong that is really scared me. Well I didn’t tell anybody and this kept going on.

For a long time I didn’t tell any one until it started to affect my school life and my home life. My grades dropped I was rebellious at home, and the worst part my parents caught us. Next thing I know I’m grounded for the whole year (except for volleyball). I can’t hang out with my so called new friends and I keep getting really weird phone calls at like three and four o’clock in the morning. These weren’t your average prank phone calls either. These were bad.

The phone calls to my house were so bad that we almost had to call police. They said things like “If you don’t let us have your daughter we know were she sleeps.” And “if you don’t give her to us we’ll kill your family”. Bad things like that. I felt so bad that I had gotten my family into this mess. Thank goodness my family is a good christian family. They help anybody through anything.

My family stuck behind me through thick and thin. I have had so many things happen to me. This story is just one of the things my family has helped me through. You have to remember that family will always be there for you no matter what. I love my family will all my heart. If my family wasn’t there for me for this certain thing I would probably be pregnant right now and at an all girl’s school. Always kept your family close you’ll never know when you‘ll need them the most.