Harold - Woodrow, Colorado
Themes: sports

I Believe In the Denver Broncos

I believe in my Denver Broncos in the National Football League (NFL). I believe in them because ever since I can remember I have always spent my Sundays watching them. Every Sunday my family would sit in front of the TV, yelling and screaming for the Broncos. I was probably in my mid-teens when I became a real because fan my mom would cook a very satisfying meal, so I would get to enjoy the excellent meal and the Broncos at the same time I enjoy the Broncos because I enjoy watching them, following them in the off-season, and looking forward to the next season.

When Sunday rolls around in the fall, I know it is time to start watching the Broncos. I usually watche football with my whole family, and all of my family likes the Broncos except my oldest brother, Luke. It is always fun to give my brother crap when the Broncos are winning, but when they are losing, he throws it right back at me. Levi, my other brother, also loves the Broncos, and we can get really crazy when some big plays happen such as a touchdown or a huge defensive play.

In the off-season, I like following the Broncos when I can like free agents and trades. Back in 2003, the Broncos traded Clinton Portis from the Redskins for Champ Bailey who is known as one of the best corner backs in the league. The Broncos also got a second-round draft choice from the Redskins and the Broncos ended up picking a running back by the name of Tatum Bell. In 2007, the Broncos traded Tatum Bell and offensive linemen George Foster to the Detroit Lions for another pro bowl back named Dre Bly a trade I liked. The Broncos also picked up Travis Henry, a veteran running back, in the 2007 season through free agency.

I always look forward to the upcoming season because I like to see how the free agents develop along with the rookies. The rookies can always be a big part of the next year’s team. I even like to follow the team in the spring and summer training camps. This is the time where new players on the team such a rookies and newly signed free agents try to take starting positions. Many times the big time, free agent signings will take over starting spots but it very difficult for rookies to figure out what it takes to be in the NFL the first year although there are many times that rookies can make a huge impact on a team. Now the Broncos are in the off-season and on their way to building a Super Bowl team, so I will enjoy watching them even more.