Neal - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

The Power of Love

I believe in the power of love. Love is something that everyone needs and no one should have to live without. I have been fortunate enough to grow up in a family that is full of love. Love is something that can do wonders. It has the power to do amazing things.

I am a student and an alpine ski racer. I have the unique opportunity to go to a ski academy in the winter months, and to live in close proximity with other people. I often witness firsthand the mistreatment of others, whether intentional or unintentional.

People are much to busy in this day and age to make sure that enough love is given and received. Parents are too busy working, and children are becoming more and more spoiled and selfish. This lack of love, especially in families, is nothing but detrimental.

Unfortunately, not everyone is lucky enough to grow up surrounded by love. But if people took the time to consider other people’s situations, everyone would be so much nicer. For instance, I have a certain roommate who does not necessarily consider everyone else’s feelings. If he wants something moved, instead of asking nicely, he’ll just kick it aside or throw it. He does not make clear his desires. Due to his inconsiderate treatment of others, there is often high tension in the room. If he would just take the time to be a little bit nicer and more considerate of everyone else, things would be so much easier. People need to love each other. They need to take the time to slow down and consider how they act.

People lust after wealth and the idea of being rich, but money can’t buy happiness. Being wealthy and rich, in my opinion, is having love. Everything we do is rooted in love. Loving ourselves, loving our families, loving our friends.

I have been taught to love and be loved from the time I was born. Just a simple “love you” at the end of a phone conversation can make a huge difference if someone’s having a bad day. My parents have stressed the importance of being kind to other people, regardless of whether I liked them or not. This is something that not everyone does, but something everyone should do. People can be judgmental and close minded. This can be related to the average American work day and its stressfulness. Most Americans are tired and stressed, and sometimes might not consider their treatment of other people.

The main concept that every single person needs to consider is that of love. People can make a huge difference if they just take the time to love each other and treat each other nicely. This can be done with a simple attitude adjustment, or a friendly hello to someone you pass on the sidewalk.