Arend - Beavercreek, Ohio

I live the life that is much like everyone else. I am not going to be a famous actor, I am not going to be the first person on Mars, I am not presidential material, and I don’t plan on curing cancer. The real interest in my life is each moment. Every second that passes is a new one with new chances. I believe in excitement. I hear people talk about dead-end jobs, and doing the same routine day in and day out. For these people I shed a tear. Every second we are alive is ours to make. Everything you do is of your own doing. If you work at a job you hate then quit the job. If you do the same routine everyday and it drives you near insanity, mix it up. Each day I wake up no plans made, and by the end of the day I feel as though I’ve lived twelve. I try not to miss out on anything that life has to offer, otherwise “carpe diem.” With so many unhappy people in the world I figure might as well not add one more to the melting pot. I believe that each day could be the best day of your life so long as you don’t hold back when doing something. When I look back in life I want to look back and regret taking a chance, I don’t want to loose the chance to live altogether. When you eliminate choice from your life and don’t take risks, you eliminate living. If I just sit here and let life pass me by, what’s the point of living it. Unless you’re going to turn off auto pilot and be apart of life like each day was your last why make the effort to just be. What I’m saying here is that if I had the choice between watching opportunity go by, and taking a risk that may hurt me, that may make me sad, that will embarrass me in front of people, I would choose to take the chance every time. I live in a town that some people would say are boring, that some people would call just another suburb, but if you asked me, I’d say they weren’t looking hard enough. I believe in the thrill of trying something new. I hope that at the end of each week you can ask me if I have done anything new, and I can always answer yes.