Sky - covington, Kentucky

Sky Granger

“If who you are is what you have, and what you have is lost, then who are you?” This quote from Sean Covey’s book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens, is what I base my life on. We all make ourselves out to be just like we want. But what most people don’t realize is that they don’t know who they really are.

A lot of people believe that money, clothes, occupations, or cars is what makes them, them. What if something was to happen to their money or cars? Who would they be then? This is exactly what this quote means. People don’t realize that the smallest things in life can make you happy.

As a junior in high school, I have had rough times. Between my grandma and step-dad passing away to school and work, things have been hard. And coming from a family of nine, my family isn’t necessarily what you would call wealthy. I am a young lady who tries to be successful in life. I know that I come from a lower class family and that makes me feel privileged. Many people are out on the streets with no where to go, but I have a house to come home to everyday. I am a student with a car that is constantly broke, but I don’t need an Escalade with spinning wheels to make me satisfied. But I’ll tell you one thing; there is nothing that makes me happier then the fact that I know who I am.

I am strong-willed and outgoing. I love to take part in challenges and won’t stop until they have been completed. I have a good head on my shoulders and I know the path I want to take with my life. I have set many goals for myself and I am on the road of accomplishing them all. I am serious when it comes to my education, because I know that is what will take me farther in life. I know that I will succeed no matter what happen because I have already accomplished more in my life than I thought was possible. I am happy that I am me. The only thing left to do is to ask yourself, who are you? What makes you, you? Is it your money or car or job? If so, maybe you should rethink the things in life that you control, that makes you happy and of course, that makes you, you. This I Believe!