emily - salisbury, Vermont

I believe in me.

My journey through life has only just begun but I know I will do great things. I have always been a strong person with determination and courage. When I set my mind to something I will succeed. Whether I am driving a ball into a field hockey cage or sewing a button onto a dress there is nothing that can stop me.

Though others are handed their future I take pride in building my own. Every step I have taken is a step closer to my dreams. Have you ever had a dream? Have you ever wanted something so bad you would give your life? I have. I am dedicating my entire life to my dreams. Why? Because I believe in me.

I traded in my teenage years to study myself. People told me I was boring and too serious. I watched friendships go down the drain because they chose to party and I chose me. Some might call it self-centered I call it self-control. It made me sad when I saw my old friends laughing with each other. But I know life has so much more to offer. I am glad I chose the path that I did because I believe in me.

I have grown a lot in the past few years. There is something inside me that is guiding me in the right direction. I look forward to every challenge because I know my hard work will pay off. When I am old and tired I will be able to look back on my life and be satisfied. Maybe my dreams will change as my life goes on but no matter what they are I believe in me.