Samuel - evanston, Illinois

I Believe

I believe you can never have to many shoes. Some people think shoes are just something you ware on your feet. Something that just keeps your feet somewhat dry or clean. Shoes are way more than that. Shoes are an expression. Shoes can make anyone look and feel better.

I believe that what is on your feet can represent your mood. If I am wearing my bright clean Nike air force ones I am in a really good happy mood. If I am wearing my pair of Jordan eleven I am ready for anything. People can tell if you care about your appearance by just looking at what shoes they are wearing.

I believe in the newest pair of Nikes and showing them off. I don’t care if the shoes I have on my feet are outrageous and bright pink and green and yellow all together. People can look at my feet and think, “wow what is he thinking.” Or “ok he is crazy” but I know that I am not crazy and I have the most rare pair of Nike air max ninety’s on.

I believe men can ware women’s shoes to an extent. If a man is wearing a pair of women’s Nikes but you cant tell they are women’s until he tells you than it is ok to ware them. Shoes are a statement not just an accessory. Shoes can also be art. A new pair of custom Nike airs designed by world famous graffiti artist banksy is most definitely not just a pair of shoes. Those are the shoes that you never ware and you put them on display for everyone to see. Or you get two pairs of them, one to wear, and one to archive.

I believe there is no such thing as to many shoes. Because twenty pairs of Jordan’s are just not enough there are twenty-three pairs out now. Having a shoe for every day of the week is just not enough. Having the same pair is never a bad thing it is just being cautious. It is a statement and an expression and I know I will never have enough shoes.