Samira - Chicago, Illinois

“Family Matters”

I believe in family. Through the hard times, arguments, fights, laughs, tears, and smiles. No one can replace your family. Your family is the backbone that has helped shape you into the person you are. Our families have instilled the morals and values we abide by. And our families have taught us about the world.

I believe in family because they are a good support system. Whenever you might need something live five bucks or someone to bail you out of trouble, family is just a phone call away. Even if you had all odds against you; your family will be there to stick up for you. Similarly, when you’ve had your heart broken or even failed that test. You will always have that support or shoulder to cry on.

I believe in family because they are dependable. From chaperoning class field trips to gradations, you can count on at least one person to show up for you. From tedious science projects to boring history exams you depend on your family to help you or even at times do the project for you. And when you need good advice you can defiantly depend on your family to steer you in the right direction.

I believe in family because they are the only people that will tell you the truth even if it hurts. Whether you’re making a fool of yourself by singing on American Idol or if you don’t fit into those jeans. Count on your family to tell you so. Moreover, your family will also tell you if you making wrong decisions. They might call you names like idiot or stupid. But it’s only fair for them to call you out on your mistakes. Ultimately, your family wants to help you learn from your mistakes, so you won’t make them twice.

And finally I believe in family because of their love. No one will accept you or love you for who you are besides your family. I believe that a family’s love can warm the soul of a person. And a family’s love will forever have a place in your heart. Overall, having a good support system, someone who is dependable and will tell the truth even if it’s not what you to hear, and most importantly having someone who loves you unconditionally. And this is why I believe in family!