John - Desdemona, Texas

I want to run for Congress. I feel representation of the people has been lost to the almighty dollar. I am not wealthy but I have a plan. In 1970, Richard Lamm “walked” the State of Colorado during his campaign. I plan to “walk” my district.

I have spent 28 years in the US military, 3 1/2 active duty and the rest in the Navy Reserve. I will be retiring on my sixtieth birthday.I also retired from Federal Civil Service with 26 years of service. I have seen the government from the ground floor.

I want to serve the people of Texas and the United States. I constantly write my Congressman and Senator and as yet they have not voted my way on any issue I have ever written them about. I care about people and important issues. I’m not interested in extravagant salaries, cocktail parties or free haircuts. I’m interesting in strengthening the US throughout the world and protecting the rights granted to us by our Founding Fathers. I don’t want to serve forever. I will campaign to serve a maximum of two terms and do as much good as I can in that four years. I want to run as an Idependent so I won’t owe anyone anything.

I am honest and hardworking I am what we need in Congress. I have ideas to improve communications with constituents and to better serve the people of my district. As I said ,I haven’t much money for a campign but I have two good legs and a burning desire to be the next Congressman from my district. I plan to walk all around my district and speak to all 650,000 Constituents.