Ryan - Bloomington, Illinois
Themes: change

“The Only Constant In This World Is Change”

I believe in evolution. Now, while I am sure Darwin was a great guy, and I would most certainly love to see a fish with legs or a pig with wings, I do not believe in physical evolution; I believe in emotional, mental, and spiritual evolution.

Everyone wants their own picture perfect ending, but few are willing to bend over backwards to achieve it. I do not personally know anyone that is content with all aspects of life. An unmotivated attitude will certainly not magically change whatever one sees wrong. In early English courses, we learn the difference between static and dynamic characters. We learn that the dynamic characters move a story along and are the only ones that give themselves a chance to accomplish their goals. It is hard to connect in any way to a static character because they are inert. But the dynamic characters – those are the ones we must model ourselves after. Unfortunately for us, nobody is writing our individual stories to climax with a happy finish but ourselves. If we want change in the world, we must be the source of that change.

Only the strongest and fittest survive in the world today. Adaptation to the people and surroundings we engage ourselves in is a necessary quality to flourish successfully. Everyone knows that there are inevitably going to be times in a person’s life where they are thrown into uncomfortable and compromising situations. Transcending above and beyond any bumpy circumstances shows not only yourself, but those around you, that determination is the key to evolution, and with evolution, anything can be consummated.

Change has a domino effect. When we see the actions and positive results of others, we persist and strive for our own ambitions. Nearly everything can improve in some way or another. Why settle for something ordinary when with a little effort, it can be extraordinary? Not only will you be proud of your accomplishment, but you’ll have more respect for yourself and initiative to continue advancing.

Author Frank Herbert said it best: “Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.”