Paige - Sandpoint, Idaho

Mistake [mi-steyk] –noun an error in calculation, opinion or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge; ect (

What this definition doesn’t say is that making mistakes is apart of everyone’s everyday life. Mistakes can actually be a good thing, rather than a bad thing, you can learn from them. I believe in the need to make mistakes.

Our society takes the idea of making mistakes the wrong way. When most people think of mistakes they think that only failures can make them. If you really think about it, even an honor roll student has made some mistakes here and there. Last time I checked, an honor roll student isn’t a failure. They have most likely achieved one of their goals.

I think success is an achievement that you have made based on a personal goal. Along the way you are bound to make a mistake here and there. No matter how much of a perfectionist you say you are.

I remember in sixth grade when I failed math. I felt so bad I had let my mom down, and it was all because I wasn’t trying my hardest. At the time of my mistake I wished that I had not made it. Now, I’m happy I made that mistake, I learned from it. I learned that if you don’t try your hardest there will a consequence. Whether it’s some form of punishment, or that you let yourself down.

If you don’t make mistakes you won’t be able to learn important life lessons that they can’t teach you in school. A real human being makes plenty of mistakes during his/her lifetime. If you say that you haven’t made any mistakes, you must be an alien from another planet. There is not one human on this earth that is a completely perfect person. Making mistakes is one of the most human things to do. It’s almost a necessity.

Most people who make a mistake over react to them. A perfectionist would just deny that they have made a mistake. Most people would just quit or give up. The thing that most people don’t do is take the lesson from their mistake and use it as a second chance.

Whether our society thinks so or not, it’s okay to make mistakes. You learn from most mistakes you make, one way or the other. People don’t learn from a tiny mistake that doesn’t make an impact on their life. I consider a mistake like that a mistake that helps keep you on track during your life. A bigger mistake is a one that you learn from, and you can tell this is a big mistake when it makes a big impact on your life. You learn most of your lessons from this type of mistake. Whether or not what you learn from your mistake is your choice.

Big mistakes are like a story or fable, with a morale at the end.