Mikaela - Sandpoint, Idaho

Family is like a whirlpool of love, always dragging you in. You can never escape from family; it is more powerful than money, more powerful than death. Families are a part of life that you can never run away from because family is the part that completes us all. Family is the key to all life’s hopes, dreams and joys. Family is one of the only things that you can never leave behind because family will remain in your heart forever and beyond life. I believe in the importance of family.

When my father went to the hospital because of a heart attack, I nearly collapsed. I was shocked. I was scared and determined; determined to know if he was going to be okay. Luckily he was okay and didn’t have to have by-pass-surgery. It never occurred to me that my dad would have a heart attack at the age of only 33. My dad is a part of my family and if we had lost him, I would never have seen the happiness of day light again. I love my father because he is apart of my family and that part I will treasure because my father is important to me.

Family makes me feel appreciated and always welcome. Without family there would be no support and without support, people would feel like they did not belong and that they weren’t loved. When a tragedy occurs, families support each other with affectionate love. They help one another through harsh times and support them with hopeful love. Families are something to be very thankful for because families give us something that nothing else can; they give us are inner souls. Family helps each of us express ourselves. They help us be social and reliable.

Family teaches us every day and most of the time we don’t even realize it. When you we’re littler, did your mother let you behave in an impolite manner? Well my mother would have never let me act impolite. My mother told me (and still does) that I’m supposed to be nice and generous to the waiter or waitress in a restaurant. My parents also taught me to wash my hands before I eat and after I go to the bathroom, to brush my teeth two to three times a day, and my family always has taught me and still does till this day.

Family is something that everyone should treasure throughout life because family isn’t just a gift; but is life. Sometimes I feel like I am unwanted or angry; but I’m really not. I know that I have a home. My family provides me with a home, clothes and food, but the most important thing that they provide me with, is their love. My family encourages me in everything. When I played softball, I heard my family encouraging me from the stands. They we’re yelling my mane and cheering me on and it made me feel proud; proud in my team and proud in me.

My family cares about me and my choices. They make sure that I do well in school. Everyday my mom asks me, “how was school?”, or “what did you do at school today?” Usually I would answer “fine, normal” or actually fill her in things that happen at school. My mom just wants to know that nothing bad has happened to me. All mothers usually ask that question, and their just worried about you.

Family is the best thing in life because family is a key; a key to everyone’s life. My family is like a bowl of vanilla ice-cream; sweet and creamy in the inside and rich on the outside. I spend lots of time with my family and the more time I spend with my family, the more I bond closer to them. I love my family because my family completes me.