Eddo - Sandpoint, Idaho
Themes: forgiveness

The act of giving up resentment of or a claim to requital for an action. It is something that we all have done. It makes us feel so much more relaxed and happy because that chip on our shoulder just disappears.

I began this assignment with our twenty beliefs. Then we were to choose our top three beliefs and give examples from our life and three reasons why we believed in those specific beliefs. And the deeper we got into this project the more I realized how much this belief affects my life. And that is why my number one belief is forgiveness.

Forgiveness is something that has been a part of my life since I was only five years old. It has helped me get through so many things, no wonder it’s my number one belief.

It’s good to forgive someone even if they had hurt you; Whether it’s forgiving myself or my parents, my friends, my brother, or anybody else who has done some thing to hurt me physically, emotionally or hurt someone that I love physically, or emotionally. For example: If your friend took a candy bar from you seventy years ago. Now you two live in the same retirement home. Every time you see him, you give him a nasty look because of a piece of chocolate that cost you a dime. When all you need to do is say I’m sorry for all of those nasty looks and . . . I forgive you.

An example from my life was when I was about eight or nine my fifty-two year old grandmother was going to take a week long trip to the United Kingdom. She came to my house to say goodbye to my family and I, before she left for the airport. And I had been pissed off at her for something stupid that I don’t even remember anymore. And the whole time that she was at my house I stayed in my room. Then when she was getting ready to leave she came into my room to say goodbye and that she loved me. And the last thing I said to her was, “I hate you! “.When she returned, the flight attendants tried to wake her up but she wouldn’t wake up so they called an ambulance and took her from the airport to the hospital. She was there for four hours then she died. That was four or five years ago and I am still trying to forgive myself for what I said to her and for not saying sorry.

So please listen to my words, and think of every time someone has forgiven you, you have forgiven someone, or a time when you forgive yourself. And how much it helped you after something stupid, or something extremely important and just think what if every body did this whenever something happened. Imagine how great the world would be.