Kjerstin - Grand Junction, Colorado

Everyone has beliefs – Good, Bad – One of those “depends on who’s listening” moments I guess. I have beliefs, but when given the opportunity to share them with others, I found myself questioning – What do I believe? Do I share the silly things like, I believe in wearing high-heels for no apparent reason other than I like wearing them and like spending money on them? Which is true, I do… Or do I go on and on about my wonderful, loving husband and how he puts me first. Even better how he cooks for me almost daily – which I believe I’m truly lucky to have a man like him.

Sure, you casually speak of your beliefs in social situations, “I believe in this, I believe in that, I believe things should happen this way, etc”. But is this kind of talk really sharing your innermost beliefs? I’ve been inspired by people and have had good and bad life experiences. But compiling your innermost beliefs, the ones that guide you, that make you who you are, requires you to dig a little deeper into your soul.

So here goes… I believe in finding yourself and your beliefs, and holding true to them – it’s what keeps you going, striving to do better. It’s what helps you to help and care for others and allows you to grow to be the great person you aspire to be. I believe you should surround yourself with positive people that have similar beliefs, people that have a good sense-of-humor and can make you laugh, people that encourage you and your individuality – not try to change who you are.

I believe that breaking bread with your friends & family brings you closer together. I believe in not taking things so seriously, don’t sweat the little things or big things for that matter –someone out there has it worse off than you do. I don’t believe in regrets or dwelling on the past. We all make mistakes – it’s how you overcome, learn from, and move past or rise above them.

I believe that the little gestures that people do for one-another can really brighten someone’s day. While I was writing this, flowers were delivered to me – which I never get! Definitely brightened my day.

Most importantly, if you’re not sure about sharing your beliefs for whatever reason – I also believe in stepping out of your comfort zone and giving things a try, at least once.