Adam - Lincoln, Nebraska
Themes: work

I believe in hard work. Walking up the same set of stairs for the umpteenth time. When sitting on the couch or playing video games seems like the better choice. Stretching out in the familiar room with the same set of machines and scenery outside. My beliefs are in my calluses on my hands and my sore neck. The same big room and same faces week after week. I believe in my personal getaway. The old rusty weights with the new rubber ones next to them. The pride after a hard day’s work and the completeness of the day. I believe in motivation and improvement. No matter what is done, there is always more to go, and new goals to conquer.

I believe in hard work paying off. As I lace up the same old pair of shoes. Scooping off the back driveway after fresh snow. Looking at my black hands from the dusty old grip less basketball. Free throw after free throw sank through the old chain net. The ball bouncing, then coming to a stop- lifeless from the cold air.

I believe in each morning. The old alarm clock from the 80’s. Hitting snooze a few times to get those precious extra minutes of sleep. The blinding of the bathroom light and steam of a hot shower. I feel the energy pulsate through my body as I aim to tackle another day. The sound of Crunch Berries crashing down into the bowl and smell of fresh coffee igniting my senses. I believe in my same desk, computer, and job each morning. Trying to my best each and every day.

I believe and watching my parents and learning from their hard work. My dad has gone to the same job, the same plant, working for the same company for over 30 years. Not one complaint about that has come out of his mouth. My mother raised four boys completely, four difficult and different boys at that. Not one complaint came from her mouth.

I believe in respect for others. Days gone by. Top hats and suits, and Frank Sinatra. I believe in true love. Opening doors for the woman you love. Roses, poetry, cards, and that one special person. I know the feeling deep down when you just know. I give my heart and trust to one person, knowing that they will give me theirs back.

I believe in life. Getting up day after day, knowing this one could be my last. I do the things that I love to do, and work hard at that. I believe in sunrise and sunset. The rich smell of a fall night and summer barbeques. I believe in not becoming discouraged, rather embracing it and learning from it. Keep on truckin.

Do not accept failure. Achieve goals and strive for the best in yourself. Do what makes you happy and give it your heart.

This is what I believe.