jessica - Nunn, Colorado

What! Higher Education?

Belief! What is that really? Do I even know? Like others, I believe in a higher education after high school for there, you have to decide what you really want to do in life. I’ve been kind of pressured into a higher education because without it, I’ve been told that I might not get very far in my work experiences. With work comes money, and without money not much is possible because the world we live in is so expensive. Education is important to many people because they want to strive in their lives to provide for themselves and for others. Higher education leads to a good career and possibly a good life; without education, success may not be possible and money, career, and life may not be what they should be.

First of all, money is a major part in everyone’s life. In daily living, we have to buy gas to get to work, buy food for our family, pay for clothes on our backs, and provide roofs over our heads. There are many other examples I could give, but they would take up too much space and too much paper. Ultimately, without a good career no one is able to make money to buy the essential things for life.

Now a good career is more important than just to make money. A career is important to us because we are all starting at a different place in our work experiences. Some may be at the bottom and working their way up the corporate ladder and others may already be at the top. As you are working in your career, your ladder in life will change with every step, so watch your step.

Enjoy life to the fullest. Isn’t that what everyone is saying? To take pleasure in life you need to get pleasure from what you are doing to make your life memorable. Memories are what you will be telling your family and friends forever. Telling you grandchildren about how you started working for a major company, how you started as the mail girl delivering mail. Then as you studied, you applied for a better position at the company and because of your back ground and education, you got the job. You continued for many years climbing the corporate ladder until you were a head partner in the company. Without your higher education you wouldn’t have been able to achieve that job as a partner, and you would have never been able to tell your grandchildren how you grew in life because of your job.

Experiences will help you in life, but a major experience and a major part in your life is the time you spent in school. Going to college away from your family will help you grow into the person your going to be, for there you have the choice to make the decisions that are going to affect the rest of your life. By getting a higher education, you will have the chance to do things for yourself and for others. With higher education you have the opportunity to make more money, get a better career, and possibly have a better life; without higher education, who knows what is going to happen?