Eloy - Irving, Texas
Themes: love

“I believe that true love waits, that I should not be dating guys during my teen years.”

I believe that true love waits because I have to know when I’m ready for a relationship. Some girls might think they are ready, when actually they’re not. They should be asking themselves if they’re emotionally, mentally and physically matured. Everyday I see young couples sitting together, hugging, kissing, holding hands and flirting almost as if they were actually a married couple. All of my friends have boyfriends except for me, I’m the one, the only one, that stands out and when my friends ask me if I have a boyfriend, their reaction is astonishment!

I later give them reasons why I never had a boyfriend, and why I never dated a guy; dating guys is just a waste of time. Sometimes I think that I have bad luck with guys, that when I have a crush on a guy, it always turns out to be that the guy starts ignoring me, and rejecting me. I’m 14 and I have much more important things to do, like engaging to my hobbies, my family and friends. In addition, I need to focus on my education, Theatre, my goals for this year and God more than guys. Besides, I also think teenage relationships are just a waste of caring and a waste of feelings; I would rather have a guy-friend relationship, a platonic friendship, than have a break up situation.

Sure. Guys do ask me out, but I honesty reply to them that I’m not allowed to or that I’m not into having a close relationships, without turning them down or saying anything that could hurt their feelings. I consider that to begin dating you should first start as friends and throughout your friends you’ll find the trust and the love, but it will take years and patience. I have my own beliefs. I’m still a virgin and being single is a gift! So my essay may be short but at least it has a significance about what I believe. “Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bear all things, believe all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. I believe true love waits.