Edward - Fairway, Kansas

This I believe.

I believe it is unrealistic to believe that the United States of America will remain as overseers of other nations seeking nuclear technology whether it be for weapons or for

Less than a hundred years ago the idea of

“manifest destiny” was still a prevalent component within the United States’ world view and practiced politic.

For two many years Europeans were able to reduce many nations to little more than their

sattellites when it came politically related to goods and services and nuclear power was restricted to only Russia and USA.

These days with India, Pakistan, China and others entering the Nuclear armaments club, our policy of attempting to restricting research and development of nuclear resources seems to be an act of bullying silliness that will be and is impossible to enforce.

It would be a different story if there were some highly rational reason for our policy or the United States were truly purveyors of

rightousness and true believers with some moral authority to guide other nations by example. That has not been the case for a long time now, if that ever were the case, that The U S of A had some deeply held, honestly humanitarian values to share. But no, one look at US history shows that our motives from the beginning were founded in greed, and selectively racist motivations.

Now, looking at the world picture in the parts of the world where we try to limit access to and development of nuclear power it is true that our motives or history has not changed.