Nicole - pittsfiled, Massachusetts

I believe that people today are too worried, too stressed. Everyone has somewhere to go and something more important to do than what they are doing. No more does anyone look at what they have and reflect upon the good in life. Pessimism is everywhere and the stress of the small things blows up into something huge. Even teenagers and children are more stressed than ever before. Everyone feels as though something needs to be done, they need to be somewhere else, or life is not good enough where they are.

I believe that stress is not worth the time and effort that we as seemingly functioning people put into it. As a working and striving young adult, I have dealt with stress that is unecessary for one my age. It seems drama with peers, school, school work in general, and even holding a job, tips the scale from teenage fun to barely managing my life. Coming to the conclusion that it is so much easier to go through life not constantly worrying about the small things is so much easier than going crazy over stuff that will never affect my life in the future.

It is not worth losing what you have over what you don’t. I figure that i should not fight the inevitable unless i am truly passionate about what is wrong. Small things shouldn’t be the object of eveyone’s focus and we should concentrate on the bigger things in life. Be happy for family, for friends that truly will be there for you, for the good qualities you hold, and do not concentrate on the bad, annoying and unimportant. Of course stress does come but we should try not to let it run our lives. Even at seventeen, I have gone through difficult times, times I’ve cried because I just couldn’t deal with it anymore. Times that i have had to let it all out, explode or just break down so that the pressure would be released. Although some incidences will and do occur, I believe we as people always will go through difficult times but these times should never control us.

So, I believe that less stress about the little things and more concentration on the good will make everyone happier. The less trouble in our lives the better. We will be able to grow, to take time to see the world, to savor the moment for what it truly is. So don’t stress, all it does is drain you of the good feelings in life that everyone should have a taste of at least once in awhile.