Tom - Pittsfield, Massachusetts

the world is an ever changing and scary place. As we go through life, it’s easy to become cynical and form a dark world view. it’s easy o poimt the finger. I do my best to see the best in people and situations. It’s easier to go through life o the bright side. Let the blows hit and roll off. Life goes on, it better to go through life head on than to be looking back and be blind sided. Eventually, being blind sided bulds up and cause breakdowns.

Whenever i can’t let something go, something someone did is just to bad or a situation is just to sad, i step back and look at the whys. Is he yelling because i did something or said something or some other reason all toeather? Nothing in life is ever unprovoked, good or bad. Motive is a basic human factor. If i can understand the motives, be I right or wrong, it helps me to understand and let the past be past.

It’s easy for people to dismiss what they have done and placwe all the blame on others. Eventually we are forced to take responsibility for our actions and at that point the conciquences can be dire. I find it better to own up to all of my actions when i do them. Even if, for what ever reason, i can’t do that openly, i can to myself. The key to travling through lifewithout being blindsided is to have inner peace with whats happening arownd you.

It would be impossible for anyone to be completely open with everyone and never put on any kind of mask. In a perfect world it could be done, but our world isfar from perfect. If any one were to completely open up, they would be eaten alive. There will always be those that are unable to do any of this. It is unreasonable to be completely open withanyone who isn’t willing to be completely open back. But, anyone can always be completely open with themselves because you know you’re getting the same thing back.

Once someone has reached peace within themselves, they can make peace with others, even if they don;t make peace peace back. Knowing that what you have and whats going on arownd you is good is all that matters. I don’t clame tohave done this completely or that i always practice all of my ideas. but, i do try. If people would just stop worring and obsessing about how others viewe them or that they acted some way and started to concider the whys behid there actions, views and feelings, the world would be a much better place. Acceptance and understanding are the keys.